Chances are if you work close, near or on water, you will be required to have USL&H (United States Longshore & Harbor) coverage. Depending on your business, this type of insurance has been mandated by the federal government. Because most workers’ compensation policies exclude working around water, you may need a USL&H policy to fill the gaps to protect your employees.

Benefits of this type of coverage are based on wages lost and the employee’s potential earning capacity after the injury. Also, due to the Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, USL&H coverage may be mandatory and subject to fines, prison time or both if you do have this type of policy in place.

Who needs USL&H (United States Longshore & Harbor) coverage?

  • Shipbuilders
  • Ship Repair
  • Marinas and Yacht Clubs
  • Marine Contractors
  • Boat Dealers
  • Stevedores
  • Terminal Operators
  • Steamship Agents
  • Luxury Yacht Builders
  • Offshore Industries